Friday, January 04, 2008

Christmas 2007 to New Year's

Christmas morning was interesting. The wind had been blowing and we woke up as the power went out a little after 7am. Lil A was not too excited about being woken up and needed a piece of candy before he would even glance at his stocking and the things Santa brought for them. They loved everything they got but then had a hard time wanting to open presents. We had to keep calling all the boys back to open a gift. The chalkboard from Ga and Papa made by my Grandpa was a huge hit. H was so cute not really opening his gifts and riding in a box pushed by Big A. With no power, our Christmas breakfast was a little bit of a challenge but with the grill and lighting the stove with a match, we had a great breakfast- we had our sweet rolls that night after the power came back on. Christmas naps were wonderful, I wish I got those all year long and the power was on when we woke up. We drove home late that night after games.

C came over to our place Thursday afternoon to spend the night and then ride with us back to my parents' house on Friday. Friday was fun watching the boys run around but I wanted to go to "Old Lady" to return stuff and to go to Target to check out the Christmas stuff that was on clearance- yes I took 3 active boys (under the age of 4) by myself! But they were pretty good and I got the Train stocking holder for $12.50! and a lot of candy that they picked out for 50% off.

Ann and her family decided to come early to my parents' house and C needed to see his parents, so we headed back there when Bryan got home from work. Sunday morning we came back to RSM for church and then Monday afternoon we headed back to my parents' to ring in the New Year with everyone. After being put to bed at 9pm my boys thought it would be fun to play until after 11pm but then Lil A got hurt, he put his finger in a box fan (the photos are the next morning when we were changing his band-aid). We played a "wild" game of Boogle and my nephew Big D was the only kid allowed to stay up to bang pots and pans with Matt, Taylor, Brendan and Mike. New Year's Day was filled with football (of course) and Bryan smoked ribs and turkey again, Jill made a wonderful salad (that I am craving right now but since we have not been home, I have not been to the grocery store). We drove home late (again) after I kicked Bryan's butt on Guitar Hero III (even when we were both doing Medium on Pro-Face-Off).


11 comments:

Leah said...

I love little "A" eating candy..that is so me. I can eat candy no matter what time of day it is...6 in the morning or midnight. Kind of sad.
Fun pictures.

Okay, so I don't know if it's just me when I look at your blog, but I can never see the first few paragraphs on the newest post because the music player is in the way. Is it just me?

Unknown said...

What a great blackboard! Looks like they got some great toys. Funny how the boxes the gifts come in are almost more fun!

Unknown said...

"Old Lady"?? Did you make that up yourself, because I laughed out loud.
Also, half your Christmas budget must be gas with all that back and forthing you did.
I'm proud of you - you're MY guitar hero.

Darci said...

I love that your boys are always in their underwear!!! Can't wait to get together again, it has been forever.

Leah said...

Beautiful. I don't know what you did but now I can read the entire new post! thanks!
I LOVE guitar hero! But Zeb plays on hard so he kicks my butt. I play on medium and don't think I'll ever get the 5 buttons down in order to play hard. That's some tough stuff! Way to go beating your hubby!

Abby said...

Glad little A's finger is better that sounded painful. I love all the pictures I feel like I have not hung out with you and the boys in forever!!!

JanelWarner said...

Your family is great and always getting together. You guys have so much fun together. It makes me miss my family. We had a lot of fun with David's family and we played a lot of games. The girls got lots of attention from David's grandparents and Beth.

I love your Christmas story pictures.

Anonymous said...

Karin, where would we be without your diligent photo posting. I salute you and your blogging!

Becky and Ryan said...

looks like it was fun and crazy, bubba and collie have the same nerf guns. They are great for shoot outs in the living room. Love the box picture. I think I could fill a blog just with pictures of my kids playing in and with boxes! Hope Lil A's finger is better, he had such a sad look on his face :(

J & M Shumate Family said...

I love the chalkboard...looks like endless fun!!!! Oh...and the nerf guns too!

The Collingwood Family said...

Your boys are getting so big, and way cute! Thanks for commenting on my blog. Hope ya'll had a great Christmas!