The last few days have been good. My mom came home Wednesday afternoon. It's almost like it didn't happen. Except she isn't going to work and she is taking things a little easier and she is encouraged to "rest" more than she is used to. But she is home and talking and laughing, maybe more than before, and eating and still thinking about going to Brazil.
Bryan made pulled pork for her welcome home dinner. It may have been some of the best he's made (the best I've eaten, maybe). We spent the night Wednesday and Thursday morning. Now we are in Bakersfield for some fun with the family there. Everyone but Bryan's brother and little family are here for Jacob's graduation from High School!!! I am feeling older. How can I be 25 if my nephew is old enough to graduate from high school, the same nephew that turned 8 the day before I got married.
Anyway, back to normalcy. Because it wouldn't be normal if we came all the way to California and did not see Kim and family. And Kim knows how to have fun. So it is Six Flags today. White water rafting down the Kern river tomorrow. And then the long drive back to Texas.
I have been feeling very grateful. Grateful that I have a husband who understands and encourages my needing to be with family, so much so that he drove the whole way (but an hour) from Texas to California when we had such little sleep the night before. Grateful that my mom is still with us and she is herself. Grateful for my testimony that we can be together even I things hadn't gone like they had and the power of prayer. Grateful for my family and friends that have been here for me and my family.
Here are a few photos from the last week and a shout out to Jill for taking most of these and texting them to me.
Love my Dad


Adam started playing Words With Friends
Dancing to Squirrels In My Pants- loving the satellite radio
Bryan made pulled pork for her welcome home dinner. It may have been some of the best he's made (the best I've eaten, maybe). We spent the night Wednesday and Thursday morning. Now we are in Bakersfield for some fun with the family there. Everyone but Bryan's brother and little family are here for Jacob's graduation from High School!!! I am feeling older. How can I be 25 if my nephew is old enough to graduate from high school, the same nephew that turned 8 the day before I got married.
Anyway, back to normalcy. Because it wouldn't be normal if we came all the way to California and did not see Kim and family. And Kim knows how to have fun. So it is Six Flags today. White water rafting down the Kern river tomorrow. And then the long drive back to Texas.
I have been feeling very grateful. Grateful that I have a husband who understands and encourages my needing to be with family, so much so that he drove the whole way (but an hour) from Texas to California when we had such little sleep the night before. Grateful that my mom is still with us and she is herself. Grateful for my testimony that we can be together even I things hadn't gone like they had and the power of prayer. Grateful for my family and friends that have been here for me and my family.
Here are a few photos from the last week and a shout out to Jill for taking most of these and texting them to me.
Love my Dad
Adam started playing Words With Friends
Dancing to Squirrels In My Pants- loving the satellite radio
No comments:
Post a Comment