Tuesday, November 03, 2009

nauvoo

I was able to go to Nauvoo with my mom's family. I was a kid again. To say to it was fabulous is an understatement. We flew to St Louis, stayed the night there because it was midnight when my parents landed. Woke up "early" (2 hours ahead of my time zone and ready to leave before 9am) and headed leisurely to Nauvoo- we met up with Ann and Scott at the hotel. We had some great pizza on our way up. We did a tour given by the Community of Christ Church. Our tour guide was very knowledgable. We had dinner in Port something (I can't remember). We did a session before the sealing and then got to look at so many things in the temple. We went shopping in some of the stores before dinner. Dinner was at the hotel that we stayed at, again good food. That is a thing I can count on with the Nielsons, good food. That night I went with Amanda and Kathy to take photos of the temple at night, well I was the driver and Amanda was the photographer- it was freezing and she was out there for a while. The next day was Sunday and we went on the Trail of Hope and then went to Carthage (Mom, Dad, Grandma, Ann and Scott were my traveling buddies back to St Louis). There is something about being there that is very humbling. I can't wait for July 2012 to take Bryan and the boys to all the places we visited. We headed back to St Louis to meet up with the others for dinner. I had the earliest flight at 6am Monday morning. I don't think I will choose to have a flight that early again, it was tough. I got up at 2am PST and then had to be a mom when I landed. Luckily, the older boys let me rest while Toddler i was napping. I am grateful that Katie was able to watch the boys and be me for a couple days and that Bryan is willing and able to let me get away for a few days- he even took all 3 boys to church by himself. I really am lucky, I didn't want to miss this for anything. That is 4 sealings in 5 months (one of those months being August when we were Germany- that would have been tough to squeeze in).

Nauvoo July 2012! I can't wait.

This was a drive-by photo shoot of this but I thought it was funny because my uncle said something about the last train. Can you see the train tracks?
There were 9 of us shopping for breakfast and dessert. It was a good time.
After the sealing and it was freezing.
All of the Nielsons, again freezing.

3 comments:

Larsens said...

Cute blog! Now I see why I dont ever see you. You go everywhere! I love that you blog a lot..I do too. Lisa and I are your visiting teachers now so that gives me the right to add you to my blog list(; JK but Im still going too.

Rowdy Family said...

so cool karin. Who are the sealings that you are talking about for?

Unknown said...

I love Nauvoo. Always a good time.