1. When Isaac is being a great brother. For example, tonight after/at dinner Ben was whining and Bryan and I were distracted with the big boys; Isaac left his playing in the other room to come in and check on Ben and fed him his bottle (and Ben has been anti-bottles for a couple weeks now).
2. Ben is drinking again. He still is not guzzling like my other kids but we are making progress.
3. Austin is being a fabulous helper lately. I forgot how helpful almost 6yo are. I was making dinner tonight and he cleared the table (them missing 3 days of school this week made for a lot of make-up work), WITHOUT being asked!
4. Adam is learning about responsibilities. And he is a great big brother. He is very concerned about his brothers, sometimes a little too concerned so we also working on tattling but since this is favorite things I had to include that too :-)
5. Bryan.
6. Getting closets and a bathroom emptied :-)
7. Friends. Friends that invite us places and are willing to come to our house. We still owe them smoked pizza.
8. Bryan cooking. That includes on the stove and the smoker. I prefer the smoked stuff but stuff on the stove is good and appreciated.
9. Having ice cream while watching tv with Bryan AFTER the boys are in bed. Ice cream can be substituted for Melona Bars. And occasionally having popcorn. Or mandarin oranges that are partially frozen- yum.
10. Yummy dinners. I was in a dinner slump last week, at least I felt that way. But last night we had 6 different fruits, fresh french bread and cheese (I had some fruit dip with my fruit but I was the only one) and tonight we had a chicken pasta with peppers and avocado- the recipe I got from Janel, I always feel like a good wife when I make that :-). I am hoping I stay in my "enjoy planning the meals and actually making them" mood because I enjoy cooking, it just gets frustrating when people (kids) don't "like" it but really they just don't want to.
Why can't I get this to post?
2. Ben is drinking again. He still is not guzzling like my other kids but we are making progress.
3. Austin is being a fabulous helper lately. I forgot how helpful almost 6yo are. I was making dinner tonight and he cleared the table (them missing 3 days of school this week made for a lot of make-up work), WITHOUT being asked!
4. Adam is learning about responsibilities. And he is a great big brother. He is very concerned about his brothers, sometimes a little too concerned so we also working on tattling but since this is favorite things I had to include that too :-)
5. Bryan.
6. Getting closets and a bathroom emptied :-)
7. Friends. Friends that invite us places and are willing to come to our house. We still owe them smoked pizza.
8. Bryan cooking. That includes on the stove and the smoker. I prefer the smoked stuff but stuff on the stove is good and appreciated.
9. Having ice cream while watching tv with Bryan AFTER the boys are in bed. Ice cream can be substituted for Melona Bars. And occasionally having popcorn. Or mandarin oranges that are partially frozen- yum.
10. Yummy dinners. I was in a dinner slump last week, at least I felt that way. But last night we had 6 different fruits, fresh french bread and cheese (I had some fruit dip with my fruit but I was the only one) and tonight we had a chicken pasta with peppers and avocado- the recipe I got from Janel, I always feel like a good wife when I make that :-). I am hoping I stay in my "enjoy planning the meals and actually making them" mood because I enjoy cooking, it just gets frustrating when people (kids) don't "like" it but really they just don't want to.
Why can't I get this to post?
2 comments:
I love them all...but especially #6 :D
Hi friend,
I love the list posts!
Ok, last night was totally my night to think of you. I even tried calling, but I still have your 949 # and I am guessing that you have a new one now. It just kept ringing.
Anyway, we had DELICIOUS hamburgers from the beef we got from you, and then I made Chex Mix for a party that my friends all said, "PLEASE bring that amazing Chex stuff you make." So it was totally a Karin night for me.
I miss you, and I am glad we are friends. i can't believe how darling your baby is! So old!!!
Charise
Post a Comment