I would love a bed frame along the same look as the chairs. My night stands and dressers that are in storage are great, not too ornate but not bleak. I really like dark wood. I hope to one day have a big enough kitchen that I can have cherry cabinets and it won't make the kitchen look small. But I would love just to have my own kitchen that I could paint the walls or change the counter-tops. My parents are in the process of changing their counter-tops and they are looking great. I am really glad that Bryan gets to spend his weekends working on their home projects because by the time we have our own house, he will be a pro. I will try to post a picture of the "finished" kitchen soon. I know Beebe and Tyler are anxious to see what it looks like, they abandoned the project after the first day. So that sounds a little bad, but really I feel abandoned by Beebe, not the project. I wander around the house, go online multiple times to see that NO ONE has posted since I checked last- 5 minutes before. I hope that by me posting, others will feel inspired to post. BUT that hasn't happened yet, so maybe everybody has started other blogs and are posting there. Please just entertain me while I am bored because my kids are entertained by "helping Papa" and Bryan with the kitchen (or just playing in the water from the tile saw) and every other adult is working (either on the kitchen or at Loma Linda) or at Beau's house. If I don't get entertainment then I will be forced to spend money that I should be saving for that lovely table (and house to put it in).
Friday, May 11, 2007
Style?
Heather posted about her love of pink and what style she likes, it made me think about my style- or lack of. I thought that I did NOT like Contemporary but apparently (I learned this a little while ago but I am still in denial about it) I do. Everything I WANT is Contemporary. For example, this dining room set: CONTEMPORARY, I WANT it. I love the idea of not having a head of the table, I love the non-fabric seats (Austin would ruin fabric) and the clean lines- nothing to fancy for this girl. I just need a place to put this lovely table.
I would love a bed frame along the same look as the chairs. My night stands and dressers that are in storage are great, not too ornate but not bleak. I really like dark wood. I hope to one day have a big enough kitchen that I can have cherry cabinets and it won't make the kitchen look small. But I would love just to have my own kitchen that I could paint the walls or change the counter-tops. My parents are in the process of changing their counter-tops and they are looking great. I am really glad that Bryan gets to spend his weekends working on their home projects because by the time we have our own house, he will be a pro. I will try to post a picture of the "finished" kitchen soon. I know Beebe and Tyler are anxious to see what it looks like, they abandoned the project after the first day. So that sounds a little bad, but really I feel abandoned by Beebe, not the project. I wander around the house, go online multiple times to see that NO ONE has posted since I checked last- 5 minutes before. I hope that by me posting, others will feel inspired to post. BUT that hasn't happened yet, so maybe everybody has started other blogs and are posting there. Please just entertain me while I am bored because my kids are entertained by "helping Papa" and Bryan with the kitchen (or just playing in the water from the tile saw) and every other adult is working (either on the kitchen or at Loma Linda) or at Beau's house. If I don't get entertainment then I will be forced to spend money that I should be saving for that lovely table (and house to put it in).
I would love a bed frame along the same look as the chairs. My night stands and dressers that are in storage are great, not too ornate but not bleak. I really like dark wood. I hope to one day have a big enough kitchen that I can have cherry cabinets and it won't make the kitchen look small. But I would love just to have my own kitchen that I could paint the walls or change the counter-tops. My parents are in the process of changing their counter-tops and they are looking great. I am really glad that Bryan gets to spend his weekends working on their home projects because by the time we have our own house, he will be a pro. I will try to post a picture of the "finished" kitchen soon. I know Beebe and Tyler are anxious to see what it looks like, they abandoned the project after the first day. So that sounds a little bad, but really I feel abandoned by Beebe, not the project. I wander around the house, go online multiple times to see that NO ONE has posted since I checked last- 5 minutes before. I hope that by me posting, others will feel inspired to post. BUT that hasn't happened yet, so maybe everybody has started other blogs and are posting there. Please just entertain me while I am bored because my kids are entertained by "helping Papa" and Bryan with the kitchen (or just playing in the water from the tile saw) and every other adult is working (either on the kitchen or at Loma Linda) or at Beau's house. If I don't get entertainment then I will be forced to spend money that I should be saving for that lovely table (and house to put it in).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
I like your table. Based on your descriptions of your taste, you'd probably love my house. It's a pretty decent blend of contemporary and traditional. Several things I designed myself because of lack of funds, or an inability to find what I wanted somewhere else. There is a good post coming from me soon. I promise.
I also like the table, I can totally relate to feeling like you have to put things off for "someday". At least Brian is done with school! I also check blogs frequently when I'm bored, I will post soon just for you.
what happened to the house your folks were going to build in the canyon by Loma Linda...did they change their minds?
We have DSL, as of a few minutes ago. If Micah will cooperate...I'll be posting...not that mine are entertaining. :)
Heather-
They are still working on that, the county is approving plans and what-not, taking forever. But I have convinced them they needed to update the kitchen and why not enjoy it for the next little while.
Wow! I like that pink kitchen, too. I don't think Craig would go for it though. My bright pink and green daisies, on our bedspread is about as much as he can handle. :) I love the table you picked out, too. I love a lot of things...but until Craig graduates and has a job...my dreams are on hold. :)
You should post some in-progress pictures of the kitchen. I am sure that it has had to look worse than when we left. And I invite you up here, both to visit and to live, every chance I get. Karin, I need you up here, too. I haven't even found a Disneyland Replacement yet. So, come up here, already!
Love the table, too.
I'd totally go for that table. I'm actually in the market for one in the coming months, if the fireplace ever gets finished, and then the floors...
I just posted for you. Quit being so pushy!!!
I love your table too. Have you seen the same table but it is higher with the bar stoles. Some day I hope to have a bigger kitchen with the same table just a little bit taller.
I put a new post just for you.
Here are some blogs that I look at when I got nothin' else to do (which is never now that Hyrum is here):
www.shenuts.com
www.surfcounty.blogspot.com
Sorry - no post promises from me!
Karin,
That is so my table only mine is counter height. Well mine that I am going to buy real soon. So what is up with seeing me in July? Are you coming to Texas?
Post a Comment