Friday, since it was raining we didn't have soccer practices. I decided to be "fun" and lazy and we got Chick-Fil-A and got a couple Redbox movies. And then I picked Bryan up from the airport about 10:30pm.
Saturday, still raining. But we still had soccer games. Games were delayed because of the lightning but most games were still played. Bryan coached an extra game that day which left me to get everyone to the soccer field for Isaac's game (which got delayed). And then I had to run Austin home because I didn't have him bring his soccer stuff (I assumed games would be cancelled because of the lightning). Adam's game was cancelled because his field was a puddle. We went to CostCo and Sam's Club. Then made chocolate chip cookies for the Hicksons (post-funeral dinner).
Sunday, Mother's Day, I got to "sleep in" and then we got ready for church. Julia is at a really fun age and doesn't like sacrament meeting very much. Luke cried because he wanted to go with his brothers to sing. The Nursery kids were really mellow and Luke drew a great picture of me. I got a great Sunday nap (but I usually get a Sunday nap). Bryan and the boys made a great dinner, the chicken was going to be smoked but because of the rain it was baked (still delicious), baked potatoes, green beans, corn on the cob. Creme brûlée and meringue cookies were after the boys went to bed, it was time for bed and the desserts weren't ready to eat, they got to enjoy them on Monday.
Monday, our microwave finally got replaced (I think it hasn't worked right for over a year) and the front of the house got worked on, it is going to look so good when it is done. And if it could stop raining for a couple days, it probably would be done. Isaac had Evo practice and ended up staying for an extra scrimmage with older boys. Goodness that boy loves soccer. Exciting things like signing boys up for Cub Scout Day Camp for Austin and a summer enrichment class for Adam and the 3 big boys doing a speed camp.
Tuesday, Austin had soccer practice and Benjamin had Kindergarten Kick-Off. And then we went to Cristina's for dinner. Benjamin has been asking for over a week to go and since his birthday is Saturday and kids eat free on Tuesday, we went. Other exciting things like bills being paid and laundry and dishes being done and sandwiches being made were done too.
Friday, is the father/son camp out but it is suppose to be storming. I think since they go camping with scouts it isn't a big deal if they miss it because of the storm. But now that Bryan is not scouts for his calling, I know the camp outs will be less frequent.
Other exciting things happening: laundry, vacuuming, bathrooms, dishes, cooking dinner, laundry, going through closets (maybe, last time I attempted to go through that much it backfired).
I'm impressed with how much I remembered from the past few days.
2 comments:
Love reading about your week! Crazy busy!!
Busy mama! Jill is the best. Glad you got spoiled on Mother's day, that dinner and dessert sound deeeelicous!
Post a Comment