Monday, August 27, 2007

Babies? and Pajamas

Babies?
With all of the visitors we had on Friday night, we had our air mattresses blown up and the couch occupied and BigA's bed occupied. Saturday I only took down one air mattress but moved the boys back into their room. LittleA slept on the air mattress, I got a little teary-eyed thinking my baby isn't a baby anymore and I really have to start thinking about getting him a "big boy" bed.
But a little before 3am, I hear crying, scared crying. LittleA is standing next to the air mattress, crying (and waking up his brother). I pick him up and cradle my "little" baby. I try to lie him back down on the air mattress but when I leave the room, he cries/screams again. So then I try his bed. I try to leave again. He cries again. Then I move his bed into my room and lie him in there. He seemed content with this arrangement. I find out later, LittleA got into bed with us but when BigA woke up in their room alone wanted to join the party but Bryan moved them both into their room.

Pajamas
Every time we go to Target and I check the clearance racks for clothes for them, which is why they have about 20 shirts (I am not exaggerating either, I might even be under-estimating), we pass by the Thomas pajamas. They always ask for "Pamas the Train" and "Choo-choo." I always say "NO." They are regularly $13 each! But this time we were with Bryan and he had the boys in the cart and I wandered quickly through the clearance racks and saw pajamas on clearance. I saw some cute surf board ones that our nephew has and I just thought they were so cute (but the boys have SO many pajamas right now- it is a little ridiculous) but I got them in 5T (2 pairs for $8- how could I pass that up). Then I saw the Thomas ones. By then, Bryan had already checked out. I kept the pajamas hidden behind my back in case Bryan said 'no way, they have tons of pajamas' but he said it was up to me. That was all I needed to hear. They were 50% off and as you can see they were SO EXCITED to get their "Pamas the Train" pajamas- okay really after we buckled them into their seats, I showed them and BigA was really excited, they held them the whole way home. I just wish I had had my camera then.

8 comments:

mistyp said...

Cute post! They'll always be "little babies" when they're scared and need mommy, right? :) Glad they got their pajamas. Too bad to didn't have your camera for when they first got them. :)

Ann said...

Little A looks so small in that big bed! Of course he looks quite large in his little bed, so I guess he's in between sizes right now, eh?

Cute pamas!

Wangsgaard said...

I remember how excited Rebekah was when she got her Disney Princess nightgown. She still dances around in it and says, "I'm a princess."

It's always sad when your baby cries, but it feels wonderful to know that only you can comfort them.

Unknown said...

You sleep soundly enough that you didn't notice that Lil A had crawled into your bed? Wow.
I have to tell you, pajamas are more than they're cracked up to be. I've been a t-shirt & scrub pants girl for Years now, but recently I acquired some real pjs, and oh, how I love them. No trains, though.

J & M Shumate Family said...

I'm lovin' the train jams! I can see why you couldn't help but buy them. The two boys look cute together...with such serious faces. The picture cracks me up! AND, about Little A growing up....I thought of the book, "I'll Love You Forever." He'll always be your baby. Sometimes I think it is sooo hard to watch your little ones grow up. Looks like it is time for baby #3! j/k

Anonymous said...

For us it was Strawberry Shortcake and Star Wars. Although your Emily and our Karen had matching Winnie the Pooh dresses too. It's all fun.

shauni said...

The jammies were worth it just to get that cute picture! I am also a sucker for Target clearance racks- they have the best deals.

Becky and Ryan said...

I cannot believe how big they are. What an adorable pair. I love the pj's.