We went to the beach today. Before we reached the beach, I decided we needed water, so we stopped at the Rite Aid on PCH. As we were walking toward the door, I hear someone say my name, I looked around and saw a white mini van- it was the Pankratz family and the Berry family. Briel loved the beach, Aunt Meggie was wonderful and stayed in the water with her for almost the whole time they were there. It was nice to be able to see Micah, who is just as smiley in person as he is on the blog, and to visit with Misty and her mom. They couldn't stay very long because they had a flight to catch but we stayed a couple more hours. The boys waited until the Pankratz/Berry party left before they got in the water and then it was a little bit of a challenge to get them out. (well Little A doesn't like to be in the water, he likes to throw wet sand and runs as soon as the water gets close to him) Uncle Matt showed up with a few of his friends, they were boogie boarding farther down the beach. But Matt was nice enough to entertain the boys as I started to load the car. On the way home, we stopped by Bryan's office and took him to In-N-Out. He was planning on staying at work until 9pm to tie things up before we head to Utah tomorrow.
Big A was very proud of getting the water all by himself. I have SEVERAL video clips but the others had many other kids in them.



5 comments:
Ahh! I look really great in that picture! (I'm not photogenic at all!!!!) We had fun, too. Briel still talks about the beach. She liked it almost as much as seeing the princesses at Disneyland. Thanks for taking the time to meet up with us. Wish we could have stayed longer! :)
It looks like lots of fun. I'm glad Big A is getting more comfortable with the water.
I love your slide shows. How do you get it to do that?
I've always loved Lil A's swimwear. Katie hopes he wears it all his life.
OK...I LOVE the beach pictures!!!! I hope you go there often...at least once a week...JUST FOR ME!!! j/k
That was a good and crazy day (packing to go home, witnessing the Ryder truck hit and run accident, seeing you walking into the drugstore, fun at the beach, getting to the airport and then collapsing when we got back to Utah that night)! Glad we got to be at the beach for even a little while, that was a highlight of the quick trip to California. Briel loves to talk about the ocean. She now has real-life-experience to bring to her books. Thanks for helping us out!
Post a Comment