*WARNING: A lot of photos.
We went to visit our friends in Colorado Springs last weekend, well an extended weekend. We picked Bryan up from work Thursday at 1pm and headed for the airport. We got to their house about 9pm (maybe 9:30), that made for a pretty long day for me but it did not keep me from staying up to talk. Breakfast was made EVERY day, I reminded Bryan not to get used to it. I wanted to go to Wal-Mart or Target while we were there to get a feel for the people who live there, we went on Friday. The Wal-Mart was nicer than mine, so that sealed the deal for me. We (my little family) went to Sam's to pick up a few things and get a couple pizzas for lunch. After our pizza (and the mommas' naps) we went to Garden of the Gods, which is beautiful. There are red rock formations and trees and the weather was perfect. Big A LOVED it there. Little A showed our friends how he can pout and wait for Daddy to go back to get him.
Saturday we went through Woodland Park (I could live there and have Bryan do the commute, so beautiful and not crowded) on our way to the Spill Way (I can't really remember what it is really called and I don't think we went all the way to the Spill Way). We had a picnic lunch and a ton of fun with cattails and the boys had a great time throwing rocks.
Sunday we "watched" Gen. Conference (with 4 happy kids it was a little hard at times to hear everything), had yummy spaghetti and meatballs (Janel's homemade) and then went to Dave's parents' house to drop some stuff off. His mom came with the moms to look at nice neighborhoods. The dads had the kids in the van and left us part way to put kids to bed.
Monday, MaLaan came down with her boys and we went to America the Beautiful Park. Janel, being the wonderful person she is, got the kids dinner and made cornflake chicken- delicious (for the adults) while Dave and Bryan went to the store and I spent time sick (I know I don't get sick, I think it was Sonic Onion Rings).
Tuesday, we woke up at 4 AM!!! to get to the airport. Our flight was fine but no rest for me (sitting next to 2 boys who did not want to fall asleep). By the time we got on the freeway to take Bryan to work, the boys, who had already told me "no nap!," were asleep. They stayed asleep after we got home and I was able to nap too. The only venturing out we have done was with Katie on Wednesday to In-N-Out and the grocery store but we need to go out today for milk (man, I really would just rather stay home- does that make me a hermit?)
Sometimes I wonder if I want to move to Colorado because of the financial reasons and raising our kids out of California or if it because I know I could watch kids while Janel cooks. Thanks again for having us and showing us the great things of Colorado Springs.



9 comments:
Colorado is beautiful, Aaron says it is a place that he would live too. The winters are what turn me off....and well, the whole land locked thing. I mean at least Arizona borders a state that has an ocean...
Looks like you picked a great time to visit! How is in the winter, I am so not a snow girl...especially with kids!
I LOVE those pictures of the kids! And yeah right it was sonics onion rings that made you sick! Sonic doesn't make people sick - you did it on your own.
I loved seeing you!!!!! I only wish I could have played with you for days and days and days!!!! I hope you move to CO!!
I once ran through Garden of the Gods park. Not my smartest move ever. I thought my lungs were going to explode. So does this mean Bryan passed the CO bar? I hope you move so that you can have a better quality of life. It makes a big difference in stress reduction.
Looks like you had fun meeting up with everyone! :)
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2006/top100/bigcities.html
Wow Karin I love the pics!! Looks like you guys had a fantastic time!! I am sure the kids just loved it too!! Every pic they are smiling and doing something together!!
how fun! you guys had a much longer stay than we did and you have pictures to prove it! Neither of our cameras worked when we went and I am still ticked about it! :)
Looks like you had a great time!
Post a Comment