Thursday, October 25, 2007
Smoke, Fire, Ash
Southern California has been on fire for a few days now and it is taking its toll on my patience. The boys fight more and tug on me more and whine more and get hurt more. The hurt more is because they get bored and they wrestle more and get out all the energy that they normally get out outdoors. We are pretty much stuck indoors because of the smoke and if we get evacuated I would like to be pretty close to home to grab the important stuff. We went to a Fire Party yesterday and that made me feel better about being a stuck-at-home-mom, but last night BigA woke up and stayed up for a few hours, so we will be napping today. My friend Kelly put a map on her blog of where the fire has been but I don't know how to do that, so I will link to a map that is great. It shows us pretty close the fire, we are the closest to the most southern pink thumbtack. I also wanted Bryan to take some photos at night for me but last night he said he couldn't see any flames on his way home so I think we lost our chance. Hopefully we can get to Disneyland tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Mainly I am glad you guys are okay and that boredom is the worst thing you are experiencing. I enjoyed the map tremendously, because I am a Yeagley and we LOVE maps.
I am surprised however at the note at the bottom of the map about hateful comments. I didn't know you could have hateful comments about fire. Do they say things like, "I won't eat the same restaurant as that fire.", or "That fire has the clap."?
How does one spread hate mongering against fire? I mean I don't want a fire to eat my entire house or say, my neighborhood, but I really like fire when it keeps me warm or cooks my food. I am not really predjudice against fire. I like fire when its helpful and I don't like it when its destroying things I love. Hmmm...
I hear you on the boredom.. I am glad we had the fire party yesterday....it was nice to get away from it for a bit....hope you get rest today!
I wish I had had a fire party. I, too, think I am going nuts with keeping an outdoor loving 2 year old inside. Luckily, Papa and Ga just take him out to "help" in the backyard. They are braver about inhaling stuff than I am, I guess. Besides, they are the Ga and Papa and get to spoil him a little, by letting him throw a grape leaf at a time into a filthy pool or hammering on the junk that is being picked up. What a lucky kid!
Glad you're still safe. Hope you don't have to evacuate! I'll have to put CA on my list of places I don't want to live. Houston--flooding, CA--burning. Surely Craig can get a job one of those two places for me, right? ;)
Oh my goodness....I swear I didn't even know about the fires until today when I turned on CNN. Man, I must live in a black hole! Glad you are doing super. I can't believe the winds were soooo bad there this week. They said they reached up to 100 mph....HORRIBLE! Guess you'll be inside for a while. I'm sure the air isn't too safe to breath. Have fun staying in your PJ's all day long. HUGS!!!
You should come back to Colorado and get out of the fires. All cook for you!
Glad to hear that you and your family are safe. The fires have given us all reason to pray for you. Hope you're able to get out tomorrow. I have to say...every time you talk about Disneyland I am still amazed... and a little jealous. Some people are surprised that I've been there 8 times and to Disney World twice. How would it be to live right there? I'm sure I'll never know. Maybe I should pray for Misty and Craig to find a job there!
I knew you would have info. on your blog. I have been thinking about you a ton and wondering if you were okay. I wanted to call you the other day but I was out and about and my phone was dead. I tried charging it but it wouldn't charge. After a frustrating amount of time I figured out it the car charger wasn't fully plugged in. I swear I'm losing my brain completely. Love ya and so glad you are safe. Stay Safe. You can come to Texas, but I won't cook for you but I'll take you to Rudy's and Katie's!!! Weigh it..... Janel's cooking or Rudy's and Katie's. Huh?
I like the map, too, and I agree with Ali on the anger. I mean, it's pointless anyway, because fire can't read. If you really wanted to give it a piece of your mind, write down all those nasty things, then burn the paper you wrote it on. Take THAT fire!
First of all, I think Emily is hilarious. I still always think about her being the toilet paper queen in our family plays at the farm (or was I the toilet paper queen?) either way, we costarred in many productions, one of which included a toilet paper queen. I am glad to hear you guys are safe- I also have been worried about all of my cousins in CA. I would love to hear about your fire party- what do you do at a fire party? Maybe I'll have one in Iowa just on account of I'm getting tired of my husband being gone all the time and who doesn't love a party?
When I first read "fire party" I pictured a big bon fire and everyone dancing around Native American-style. I'm guessing that's not what happened. Tell us more.
Well I am just so glad that you guys are safe and well!
Post a Comment