We celebrated Big A's 5th birthday with family on the Sunday before his birthday. All my siblings in the area and my parents and Bryan's parents came. Big A wanted pizza...with olives for dinner, so that is what we had. Well, we had 2 pizzas, one with pepperoni and half had olives and the other was BBQ chicken. I love inviting everyone because all I had to do was the pizza and cake (and Mom helped with the cake), salads were brought. I thought it was a great party. Thanks again everyone for coming, it really made his day.






I realize my baby is 5YO but I only had 2 candles so he just blew them out a couple times (which we do anyway). And I like the second photo of the cake because Lil A is blowing out candles that have already been blown out.
(thanks Beebe for pointing out my lack of planning, love ya)
9 comments:
Ummm. About the candles. I hate to break it to you, but he is not your little guy any more. He's five. Not two. I know, you want to keep him little forever, but just know he will always be your baby (this is Con and my thang) even when he is as big as his Dad.
Looks like tons of fun and lots of great presents! He just looks too big! I still think of him as that tiny kid in nursery! P.S. Those are nice couches! :)
Love this post....yes and I love that you only had 2 candles for Big A to blow out....too funny! (Sounds like my life.) Looks like you are going to have fun teaching him to ride a bike...HAVE FUN!
I thought it was funny that you only had two candles. I love week long birthday celebrations. And I can't believe that he is FIVE!!!
I thought you did it on purpose--two boys, one candle for each to practice or repeat the performance before/after the official song and candle blowing. whoops.
FIVE?! Holy cow, Karin. That's old. He'll be in kindergarten really soon.
Celebrating with family is the best! And I love the candle story- that's just too funny!
Nothings better than a family party. Blowing out candles more than once makes the cake even better! Maybe we really don't need birthday cakes, just lots of candles for the kids! Way to make the best of it. Don't sweat the small stuff. :)
what a cute idea to blow out the candles multiple times! I'm going to copy that!
Post a Comment