1. Big A is calling Dum-Dum suckers Dummy-Dums.
2. Big A is helped Lil A get his shoes on today and while putting his shoes on him, asked him "where are we goin'?" (Just like I do to them- I just giggled while he was doing it).
3. Big A has been changing Lil A's soggy diapers and wants to change his poopy diapers but I have to draw the line somewhere.
4. Lil A copies everything and I mean everything that Big A does. For example, when Big A is saying the prayer, he copies him, Big A stops, tells him he can have a turn next and then proceeds to say the prayer with Lil A still "helping."
5. When you ask Lil A to "look for" something, he puts his hands at his eyes (like they are binoculars), looks around for whatever you asked for and then informs you it is "gone" (in a very concerned voice).
6. Big A loves to ask "whatcha doin'?" even if he knows what you are doing and if he just asked you 5 minutes earlier.
7. They love to help carry in things from the car. Whenever we go to Sam's or CostCo, they get upset when there isn't anything for them to carry in or when we run out of things for them to carry. They are surprisingly strong for how young they are. Today, we went to Stater's and Sam's and they helped both times- even though the Stater stuff was a little harder because the bags are hard for Lil A to carry (because he uses the handles and then the bottom of the bag touches the ground occasionally).
8. They put their pillows and blankets and bears under the table, get books and Big A reads to Lil A. They did this on Sunday before church and when Bryan informed them it was time to get dressed for church, Big A replied "we not goin' to church." They did get dressed and were excited to go to church.
9. After the opening song and prayer at church, Big A asked (very loudly) "we done?" Lil A and Big A continued to ask after every song "we done?" Being the Nursery leader, it is nice to hear that my kids like to be in Nursery - but really, who doesn't like Nursery? Play time, singing time, a short lesson, coloring, Snack time, maybe bubbles if there is time.
10. They like falling asleep in the "big bed." I don't know what it is but they can be in their room for an hour and then request to be in the "big bed" be in there for 5 minutes and be out. We are trying to stick to our guns and making them fall asleep in their own beds but sometimes I don't mind, especially if they fall asleep fast.
9 comments:
This is a really nice post Karin. You should print it out for your family journal. Big A will really want to read it when he's older.
I *was* cracking up! I can't believe A can change a's diaper! Send him over here!
Also I love the stories under the table, and the "we not goin' to church" declaration, and "WE DONE?" and all the rest. Dang they're cute!
I love that he is changing diapers....Sawyer and Noah are here for him to practice anytime!!! I love when you write using the way they talk I love Big A's little accent, I start talking like that whenever I am around him!!!
So funny....little A and big A. Boys are so funny, can't wait til they will have sword wars in the bathroom together, my nephews did it all the time.
Oh I miss them so much!!! Are you sure you can't come for Christmas?
Funny, Funny boys. I love your boys. I can't believe how big they are getting. They probably don't even remember me. How sad. I miss you.
Funny stuff! Glad you have a diaper changer, too! ;) Wish "B" would be the leader around here! She just wants "M" to copy the naughty stuff she does. She refuses to say the prayer these days...she prefers to follow "M" and keep her eyes open during the prayer and move around. Kids!!!
What a great list of your children's development, maybe just a way to count your blessings at this stage. Children are "an heritage of the Lord". Big A is amazing...you can never have enough help with diapers, except maybe the poopy ones. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!
I tagged you!
Post a Comment