I was emailed this yesterday and thought I would share it with the rest of you. Mostly because we saw a commercial for it was interested in it.
You may already know about this, but I just learned
the kids’ movie coming out in December called The
Golden Compass is based on a series of children's
books about killing God. Please follow this link, and
then pass it on. From what I understand, the hope is
to get a lot of kids to see the movie - which won't
seem too bad - and then get the parents to buy the
books for their kids for Christmas. The quotes from
the author sum it all up. Tell everyone about this
movie.
7 comments:
I have received this email and have heard many things about it. My husband, an avid reader, is reading these books right now and is halfway through the 2nd book. This is his opinion: He finds nothing wrong with it and would let our child read them. He feels it is an ultra-conservative view similar to the Harry Potter and De Vinci Code controversies. If he feels there are just fine then I trust him. I am excited to see the movie.
That is good to know- let me know what he thinks of the last one, it is suppose to be the worst. But I trust you and if you think it is okay then we will probably see it.
Ya, that is true it could get worse, but don't most kids read the books first and then see the movie not the other way around? I don't know, will just wait I guess.
I've received that email probably 5 different times the last few weeks. Someone is waging war on that movie.
This is the first I have heard this. I guess it's just important to know what we are showing our childern. Now I'm curious to learn more.
I'll probably watch the movie too. I think it looks good anyway. On Harry Potter though, isn't it funny how the ultra-conservatives were wrong about the lack of religion. The story took quite a turn at the end of book seven and Rowling admitted in interviews that she did have religious convictions that were evident in the way she ended the story.
I think that this kind of protest things happen every time movies like this come out. I seem to remember things like this about the chronicles of Narnia and I thought that was a great movie?? But good to hear all the sides!
Post a Comment