Saturday, April 12, 2008
Fishing and a Camp Out
Bryan and my dad took the boys fishing for their first time on Conference Saturday. They had a great time. They didn't catch any fish but whenever they would cast out, they would think they "had a fish" and would reel it back in only to find no fish. They had snacks and McDonald's on the way home (so how could it have been a bad trip). They both have asked several times since then "are we fishing tomorrow?" I think they would enjoy anything that involved Dad and Papa, snacks and McDonald's.
Camp Out
Last night, Bryan had a camp out for his calling. He decided he would take Big A and then I wouldn't have both boys all night by myself. I was still a little nervous about it because I have NEVER stayed the night by myself with the kids (I have also had a sibling or parent- it has never been just me and a child/children). Lil A was okay when we were talking about it but as they were loading their things in the car, he started to take his pillow and blanket out to the car too- so Bryan had him put them on our bed for "the slumber party with Mom." He was okay with that and even with the kisses good-bye but as soon as they headed to the car, the tears started. As a parent, I did not one child to miss out on something fun but also knew that it was a big deal for Bryan to even take one kid (who is only 4 years old). So Lil A and I did some laundry (I am serious about them LOVING to help with it) and then headed to Target (where we met our friends). After a somewhat quick trip to Target, we went to In-N-Out for dinner. Then Lil A and I went to Wal-Mart to return something for Bryan and he got to look and touch every toy he wanted. Then we came home to watch 2 shows while laying in Mom's bed. Having one kid was really easy but I normally don't think that- Lil A LOVES his brother and was concerned about him missing out on the fun things he was doing.
I had a pretty rough time sleeping (but honestly, I am almost 37 weeks what do we expect) but then at around 3 am my cell phone rang. It was Big A crying. He wanted to come home and sleep in his bed. I tried to calm him down but that is hard to do when we are in the same place and he is half asleep (he really is my child). He woke up because he had to go to the bathroom but then kept telling Bryan that his ears hurt, he wanted to go to the doctor (so they would leave and he could sleep in his own bed). After that, I really had a hard time falling back asleep. I was woken up by a telemarketer and decided to call to see how the campers were doing (around 9am). They were having a great time but I found out when they came home that Big A woke up again about 5am- so a nap was necessary this afternoon.
I would definitely do that again but I don't know if Bryan would.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Sounds like Big A had a tuff time on his first camp out, but he will always remember it.
It is so hard to sleep in a strange place. And I can't believe you have never been overnight with your child and no other adult. That is my life, sometimes. But, the whole 37 weeks thing took its toll on me Thurs when Tyler was on a lil buisness trip...Didn't I tell you about it? Not someone trying to break into our garage, but the neighbors filling a moving van. Still, so cute that A wanted A not to miss out. Love it! And I love the fishing photos.
Fun! Your boys are cute!
Aw, poor kid missing his mommy and his bed! Watch by Monday he'll be talking about it like it was the best most exciting thing ever and that he wants to do it again!
I love how attached to eachother they are! I bet if it had not been 3am he would have wanted to talk to little a. Glad you enjoyed it!! I bet Bryan would do it again, that is what being a boy is all about!!
Fishing is fun when you are a kid even if you catch nothing. My kids love fishing with pumpa and daddy too. I even go for the snacks,scenery and conversation more than the fish. That is cute that Big A went camping with his DAD. He did good for such a little guy. It's good bonding manly time. I hope Big A had fun, besides the night stuff.
I think it's so funny that you did a load of laundry together to comfort your little boy.
I stayed alone with my baby when he was 2 months old. Since AJ was the scoutmaster. Now he's the assistant to the scoutmaster, so this summer should be full of lonely pregnantness for me, too.
I just love how outdoorsy your boys are.
I remember once a similar situation happened to me when my mom was a leader at girls camp and I was really little. I wanted to go home so bad but was later comforted when I found a stash of candy bars and ate a good amount not realizing it was for smores for the girls later on. Then I cried and wanted to go home again. I was such a cry baby.
Post a Comment