Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Story of Us

Ali requested that people write their stories, either of their courtship with spouse or boy/girlfriend or first love or first kiss. to entertain Emily in her waiting for her baby to decide to be born. If you would like to entertain a very pregnant lady, write your story and let her know (Em & AJ link) by leaving a comment on her blog. She is living for entertainment and distraction these days. So here is the boring, short story of Bryan and Karin.


~The Browns~

We actually met when I went to Jr Prom with Zac Fenn and Bryan and Johnny came to dinner with us and April before the dance (Bryan remembers that, I don't).

YEARS later, after Bryan reported to the High Council and Stake Presidency after his mission, my dad came home and told me I should date Bryan Brown. I responded "Bryan Brown, who is Bryan Brown?" But through a mutual friend, Bryan started hanging out after Institute and firesides and dances and any other YSA activity that Josh went to. After 4 months of all the friends (usually there was a crowd at the house after YSA stuff), we decided that we would try just us dating. 18 months after our "first" date, we got married.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Karin!!! See, I never knew how you two met. As it turns out, Scott took an art class in high school next to mine and thought I was cute. I didn't know he existed for at least another year. I do think it's funny your dad tried to set you up. I am sure he considers it a great success of his.

Unknown said...

That's a lovely story. I never knew. It is kind of boring and short!

Ann said...

So Bryan as the favorite son-in-law started even before you guys were dating?? I thought it was all the home improvement he helps Dad with!

stewartsoccer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
stewartsoccer said...

Hey I like how dad told you that bryan was a guy to date. I think that dad knew what he wanted in a son-in-law and then had you go and get him. I don't know if dad will try that with me or not.

mistyp said...

I like your story...because it's similar to mine. Except it was the other way around...I just got home from my mission and Craig's dad told him to date me. Funny, huh? :) Guess you could say ours is short and boring, too. :)

chunkymonkey said...

You left out the part about Bryan's jaw being wired and his lovely milk shakes or your half-asleep good-byes while you were working early mornings at LLUMC. I didn't know Dad suggested dating Bryan.