Thursday, April 19, 2007

Yosemite April 12-14, 2007

We went to Yosemite again but my brother Michael and Bryan were able to come this year, maybe next year Jill will be able to take time off of work and Em won't be having a baby so the Righters and Jill can come too. We had a good time but wished that we had stayed one more night. Beebe and I decided that last year 2 nights was plenty long because Austin and Conrad were both less than a year (and I was without Bryan). I don't have pictures from the waterfall that the children went to (I will have to get those from Beebe and Mom & Dad's camera) since my camera went with Bryan, Tyler, Mike & Matt to the Upper Yosemite Falls. After the kids were put to bed, the adults played Settlers (or watched America's Funniest Home Videos). We (the Browns) stayed Wednesday in Bakersfield with Bryan's sister Kim and spent the morning with them and Kim made us an awesome breakfast. Saturday we were going to go to the Redwoods but the parking lots were full and it started raining as we headed for Oakhurst, so we were glad the parking lots were full. In Oakhurst, we stopped for pizza at the same place as last year, Danny's Pizza Factory, and we headed home. I really enjoy vacationing and hope that we will be able to do it a lot.This is in Mom's car. Katie & Mom had all the grandkids (minus Evan who was going to take a nap during this hike- then the cabin would be quiet).

Here are the men in the back of Tyler's truck. Dad & Matt were still on their way. Beebe drove and I was her navigator for the half a block it was to where we parked.
Here are the kids after seeing the waterfall near our cabin, this photo was a lot easier to take than the one at the studio in Feb.
Uncle Mike was such a good sport about playing with the kids. After this "exciting" game with poker chips, he went downstairs and watched movies with Dean & Drew.

Bryan at the top of Upper Yosemite Falls. The other cameras have pictures of the "trail" and a group photo that I will have to get later. This photo does not do Bryan's facial hair justice, his reasoning is that we were in the mountains but really he maybe shaves twice a week.
Mike (left) with Matt taking a picture over the edge of the falls (notice what side of the railing Matt is on to get photos.
Photo of Fall from the "trail."

4 comments:

mistyp said...

So, this is why you were non-existant for a few days. Glad you had fun AND we're glad you're back blogging, too. :)

J & M Shumate Family said...

OK...this post makes up for all your lame posts...j/k! I love the pictures of the falls. Ok...YOSEMITE ROCKS! I've got to go someday. It looks like tons of fun and the kids look happy too. By going in April was there hardly anyone there?

Ann said...

I think Beebe needs to complile all the photos again this year so we all get all of them. Especially since I took only about 10.

Anonymous said...

I see this is the proof I was looking for. I don't know how I missed it before. My only excuse is that this week my brain has been only dedicated to your sister, and so I have been forgetting EVERYTHING else!