Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Beach july 8th

We went to the beach on Tuesday after Legoland. It was great. It wasn't crowded and it wasn't too hot. I only remember Lil E getting taken down in the water and Ann saving him (I have a photo of the 2 of them wet but I am going to send them to Ann so she can post if she wants) which is unusual because my boys have both been taken down by waves recently. Beebe made everyone lunches and had a great set-up, we teased her at the time but really, it was great and I appreciated the sandwiches. this giant hole was given to us and in the end they were filling it up with from the "walls" of the hole. I am glad the people that gave it to us left before they started doing that.

Notice the cooler and basket blocking Beebe from everyone- brilliant.
they kept going back to the huge hole
trying to dig a huge hole
had a great time napping or eating- thanks again Beebe for loaning us the less girly hat.
big A was suppose to be in time out for flinging sand but Ga gave him a soda, oh well that is what grandparents are for right.
Lil A loves sand and I am grateful he doesn't love the water and is content to play in the sand.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss the beach. We don't live too far, but we haven't gone yet. AJ is scared of sharks, you know.
Riptides are a huge issue out here the last little while. Glad Ev is okay.
I can't believe Mom gave big A a soda during his punishment. Crazy grandparents.

Anonymous said...

I love these pics. I also love the beach. I wish I lived closer to it. I'll go to the beach with you Em. I ain't scared of no sharks!

Darci said...

The beach is the best place!!!

mistyp said...

I love that pic of baby i! I wish it wouldn't have been so hot the day we went with you. Looks like your boys had fun. Micah would have been in time out for flinging sand and water! ;)

Marc and Shay said...

I agree with you on the fact that I love that my kids love the sand and really aren't fond of the water. It makes the chasing game a whole lot easier!!!

chunkymonkey said...

Con saw the hole and fondly remembered the "tunnel" (Thomas influence) but I remember it being that A said they were "under attack" from the gulls.

And I was trying to protect the FOOD from the sandy children, not me--I got sandy anyway.

Becky and Ryan said...

I miss the beach! It is amazing how much fun kids can have digging a hole, drinking soda and getting dirty. Kid paradise.