Monday, March 05, 2007

Disneyland with Katie

Look 4 monkeys in the orange cage on the train, one of them being the best aunt, brave enough to go to Disneyland with 3 boys under the age of 3, who were tired before we started.
Conrad and Adam on Casey Jr. So excited to finally be on the train after a "long" wait.
Austi looking high again, but he is saying "cheese" and so excited about the "choo" that we were told he needed to sit down so we could go.

So I was really bad about taking pictures while we were at Disneyland. These are really the only ones I took and they aren't even that good. This was our first ride of the afternoon, Casey Jr Train. After the train ride, we went on Pinocchio, then went to outside of California Adventures and then we waited for Kevin and Darlene. We went to the Tortilla factory but they were serving corn tortillas instead of the flour (even the boys didn't eat the tortilla). Then we, against my better judgement and protests from me, went on the ferris wheel that rocks. The boys hated it, even more than I did (I am terrified of heights but love roller coasters). Austin hated it so much that he screamed himself to sleep. Adam was almost alseep on Katie's lap but then the ride was over. Conrad whined on Darlene's lap, but we think he just wanted to copy the boys. Falling asleep is a coping mechanism, so I guess that means my boys cope well with their fear of the rocking ferris wheel. We wanted to go on Buzz Lightyear but since Austin stayed alseep, we decided to go home. Next time we hope the adults outnumber the boys for the whole time, not when they are so tired NOTHING makes them happy.

4 comments:

chunkymonkey said...

I didn't even know it wasn't the happiest place on earth that evening. Thank-you for taking my boy. Sorry he was tired. He had napped well that day, but that is not an indicator, lately. He is taking his second nap of the day right now, with no protest. And he usually LOVES that scary ferris wheel. He must have been being himself:a copy cat. Props for braving Fantasy Land with the lads. It was Con's first time there.

shauni said...

Looks fun! You are brave to take so many little boys there. I wish I lived by Disneyland.

mistyp said...

I was just talking to my mom this morning. She wants to take us to Disneyland this summer when we come to Utah for a month. Will you still be there? We'd love to see you there if we really end up coming!

Anonymous said...

Other than cranky children, I am wicked jealous!