He was so proud of himself for blowing out all the candles (multiple times) and after one time, he had both hands up in the air.
Because Adam was excited enough about the train backpack, I had to guide him to open up the backpack to find a train inside. He already had the backpack on his back when I helped him find the train.We got Adam a castle slide and they are hilarious with it. If we had better lighting in our apartment, you would be enjoying a video clip of 2 naked toddlers (fresh after a bath) trying to slide down the slide, just use your imagination.
Another Adam thing, he is officially potty trained. He hasn't had an accident since the Wal-Mart incident and has a bladder of steal (unless he needs to poop and then it is every 10 minutes he needs to pee-pee). I guess everyone was right, 3 is the magical age for boys and potty training without accidents. I am worried that Austin will try sooner and I won't be ready until he is 3. We also took away the BINKY last night. I think I am having a harder time with it than Adam is. He is very persistent, he will ask over and over for it. Today for nap I had to go into my room so he would stop asking for it. Last night in the car on the way home from my parents' house (we left at 10:45PM because we played Settlers with Mom and Kevin- Mom won), he stayed awake the WHOLE WAY which takes about an hour and continued to ask for it and pointed out that Austin had his Binky. After he asked for it several times (while "trying to nap" on the couch- they cannot nap in the same room), I brought his Binky over with scissors and had him cut the nipple off. He still put it in his mouth and promptly pulled it out and stated "it broken." Then he asked for "more Binky." If you didn't already know this about Adam, he LOVES his Binky, so much so that he has one in his mouth and one in each hand and occasionally rubs them on his face.
*I have been working on this post for 2 DAYS now



13 comments:
Hooray for Adam. Potty trained is a big deal. Your life will only get better. The binky may take some time. Has he tried his thumb yet?
I tried to blog with pictures yersterday but I need some hands on help. Maybe when we are at your Mom's on Easter. I'd like to blame the problem on the computer but I think it is the operator. We love the blogs. It is so fun to watch all the kids. They are all growing so fast. See you soon.
Oh, what a cute little guy! I love those cake pictures, and love that he sang to himself and cheered himself on! I'm glad potty training is over-- 3 is the magic age for boys. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks!
Give Adam a big high 5 from Ethan for mastering the potty!! It is a great relief once they get it, but seems like a long journey of frustration!(which you have to keep to yourself because they sense it so easily!) His cake looks yummy!
The naked slide made me laugh out loud, and what a clever idea to have him cut the nipple off his own binky. Too bad he just wanted a fresh one.
I think I am going to take a birthday cue from Adam and sing myself happy birthday many, many times. I love birthdays, even still!
PS - You have been a supurb poster as of late.
Hooray for Adam! Karen you are stonger than I am and thats why I have 4.5 year old who steals her sisters passys at every junction she can. Stay strong!
Let the kid cook! I remember you saying almost a year ago that he wanted a kitchen. Come on Bryan! :) Some of the best chefs out there are men! But then again...I did learn how particular Bryan is...with grad annoucements...so maybe we're trying to convince the wrong, guy? Ha Ha Ha! :)
I can't believe we missed his official birthday party! Bad timing on our part. And I have a solution to the kitchen dilemna. Have a little girl. Or just get pregnant, be "sure" it is a girl, and get the kitchen before you find out for real.
The third picture down reminds me of when Bryan and I used to practice our cheer routine in the Walter and Sheila Umphrey Law Library.
There's a law library named for Sheila. Hmpf... I guess there's hope for Sheila Righter yet. Have no fear Emily.
We're waiting for you to post pictures of Adam with his new kitchen! :)
Hey, I forgot to mention, Adam and I share the same Birthday!! Here's to us Arians!!
Post a Comment