Jill & Andy came down to babysit on Wednesday night so Bryan & I could go out without the boys. They got to our place about 4:30 and got to hang out with the boys (who should have napped but didn't because Brian came over on his lunch break and after he left I forgot about naps) and me until Bryan came home from work after 6pm. They also helped me put my freshly ironed bed skirt on. According to Jill & Andy, their night was quite entertaining. Big A offered for Andy to "pee in my toilet" and then stood at the door shaking the handle asking if he was done. Little A assisted Jill in the bathroom: lifts lid, hands not even a square of paper, flushes. After getting pajamas on, they got to pick out a movie- Peter Pan- to get "calm." Big A has been acting out movies lately so he was running around and calling Andy a "dirty pirate." But the boys went to bed easily for them, even though I wanted Little A to climb out at least once to stick his hands under the door and shake it. But I think they will want to babysit again because after the boys went to bed they watched some of Season One of The Office (I know Jill has it but I think you appreciate things like that after the kids are asleep- maybe that is the mom talking in me).
Thursday, Katie & Ryan came down. They played with the boys, went to get lunch at Pei Wei's and took the boys to the park while some members of the Relief Society came to meet me. Big A continued to use the term "dirty pirate" and put Katie in "jail" (which was my bedroom). Little A was very upset when Katie was put in jail and would go to Ryan to "save" her. Being able to visit with the Relief Society ladies was very nice without having the boys needing my attention. I have to admit, I was a little worried about not having the distraction of the boys during the visit but it was actually enjoyable. I am loving all the visitors that I have been having. I just need to get some games so I have something to do if and when I get people here again- then they can stay longer (hint, hint).
*The title of the post is because Brian, Jill & Andy, Katie & Ryan, and 2 members of the RS visited in 2 days AND I got taken out to dinner and shopping with my best friend.*
6 comments:
You are a lucky girl indeed! I think I am going to start calling people dirty pirates. It just seems appropriate.
PS - My third book review is posted in with the other two.
Sounds like fun. I guess babysitting for your boys is the hottest date around!
Lucky for sure! It will be a great day when Micah is done nursing so I can have some "totally free" moments! If you do decide to go private with your blog I'll give you my mom's email address so she can continue to see how GREAT you are!!!!!!! :)
I would DIE to have sisters close by to babysit my kids. That is never going to happen.....well, maybe in my next life! Hope you enjoyed yourself!
You have a great family.
So i guess Me & michael will have to go visit u soon & watch the boys so we can get our picture on your blog too :) Plus-those kids are so adorable i would watch them anytime :) i say u make that checkerboard ice cream cake & we will be down there ASAP :)
Post a Comment