Friday, June 22, 2007

Train Cake

*I meant to post this weeks ago but forgot that I hadn't. I will post beach pictures later- laundry and boys are calling to me.

This is my attempt at a fun birthday.Next time I will freeze the cake and I want to try different pans. I think this is something my boys will want- like Rainbow Cake (Big A asked for Rainbow Cake for Little A's birthday).
Little A just liked the peanut butter M&Ms.
Big A was a walking billboard that day, we went shopping at Cabazon and every store we went into gave him stickers (he has 3 on him and 3 in the stroller).

We had a nice day. After shopping, we stopped by Sam's to get the Take-n-Bake pizza and then headed up to Lake Arrowhead to "party" with Papa Brown & Nannie. The boys had a great time taking toys out, "helping" outside- Big A walked over to the fountain and told me, "I scared Momma, I scared." I had no idea what he was talking about, so we went inside. A few minutes later, Papa Brown announced there was a dead gopher in the fountain- that's what he was scared of! Little A liked lying on the driveway rubbing the arrowhead (it is made of stones and in-laid into the driveway). We had pizza and fruit salad for dinner. We went on a walk to the lake and had cake when we got back. Overall, this was a fun birthday- at least for me.

10 comments:

Heather said...

you go Karin! I can't believe you attempted to make a train shaped cake- it looks great! I bet it tasted yummy too.

Unknown said...

That cake is awesome. I want to eat some right now. Happy birthday, Little A!

mistyp said...

You're amazing! Maybe I should try something out of the ordinary for Micah's birthday. I don't know about all this boy stuff....help me. :)

Garlic Boy said...

Peanut butter M&Ms are good.

Moore Fun Stories said...

The train cake is so cool. Great idea. Looked like a lot of fun.

Unknown said...

I love the train cake. Looks like the kids did, too! It will be fun to finally have some boy things in our family. I'm sure Misty will be following your lead!

The Collingwood Family said...

what an awesome cake! I'll have to try this one!

The Nielsens said...

I would call that a Successful attempt. Good job.

mistyp said...

Hey, I just went back and looked at this post. Do you care if I try to copy or use your idea for a train...for Micah's birthday? I don't want to steal your thunder or anything...but I think it's sooooo cute! You just used a bread pan? How did you get the frosting so bold? Lots of food coloring??? Help me! I need your expertise (spelling?)!!!

Sherry Morris said...

Love the photos of your train cake! My little A was fascinated by trains as a toddler. By fifth grade he was an award winning train photographer and at 16 he did the cover shot for the National Railroad Histoical Society yearbook. He's an engineering student in college now.

Hope your little ones have lots of Brio to play with!