HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE A!
My little boy is 2 years old. I remember the night before he was born, I had a hard time falling asleep. And just as I had fallen asleep, I woke up to go to the bathroom. On my way to the bathroom, my water broke but I didn't know it. I woke Bryan up and he told it hadn't. I took a shower and woke him up again. We were lucky that Bryan's mom was visiting, she stayed with Big A as we went to the hospital to have a baby that I was certain would not be coming for at least a week but probably longer. Not having any contractions until being in the lovely hospital gown, I knew this was going to be easier than my first. I asked for my epidural as soon as I felt the smallest contraction, claiming it was an '8.' A little while later, Bryan was reminding the staff I needed to be checked because after Big A was born the doctor warned us to get to the hospital next time as soon as there were consistent contractions or else we would be having a baby at home. I was finally checked and ready to go. The doctors were teasing me saying "you are going to laugh this baby out," we were having a pretty good time with the nursing student who was witnessing her first birth (except for giving birth to her daughter). Little A was born and Bryan got to cut the cord (the cord was wrapped around Big A's neck). We loved the few visitors that came to check in on us and the food that was brought. I had a relaxing 3 days in the hospital because my little baby had jaundice and my doctor wrote the order "to be released with baby." "Relaxing" because my mother-in-law was taking care of Big A and I didn't have to worry about him at all and I got to see him everyday. I was happy when we were released and Little A got to lie in a "tanning bed" in just a diaper.
He is best buddies with his brother and the most loving kid I know. He gives hugs and kisses and head-butts to everyone he loves. He loves trains, cars, wrestling, fruit snacks, pizza, Little Einsteins, Blue's Clues, and doing anything with his brother and daddy. I love my little guy and feel blessed to have him in our family.
**I type this as Bryan is putting him down for about the tenth time tonight, so he is challenging as well.**
8 comments:
Happy Birthday, Little A! Uncle AJ likes wrastlin', too. Bear Lake will be fun!
I love Little A, too! I forgot to mail his present before I left for NC, so look for it next week.
Birthdays are so great! I hope Austi had a great time.
Hope you had a fun day with him! That is a cute picture taken by Big A. Don't you love birthdays when you can think back on the happy memories!? It's kind of sad that they grow up so fast though! I can't believe that in about 3 months Micah will be one year old! The way the time goes it will be here before we know it! I swear he was just born about 2 weeks ago!
Happy Birthday Austin!
Karin - I think you're the only person I've ever heard of laughing during labor. :)
We miss cute Austi!
Boy has he grown up fast! I still remember you bringing Austi to the Chapel Splash Park with Katie just days after he was born. He is a cute boy. I especially like his amazing eyes. I miss his eyelashes!!
Happy Belated Birthday little A! Can't believe he is two already!!
Post a Comment