We went to Bakersfield this weekend so Bryan could go to his parents' house to help put down a wood floor. I took the camera with the plans of taking photos of the boys swimming and of BigA going down the slide all by himself, of them playing with some cousins and Snowy, their dog that LittleA LOVES and she is really the best dog- she lets the one-year-old attack her, pull at her eyelids, ears, tail and climb all over her. Bryan left Kim's a little before 7am, we were still sleeping, and he took off with my Nursery stuff and camera- the things I had planned on working on while I was there with the boys completely entertained. That is one reason for the lame posting, sorry.
Yesterday was my first Sunday as Nursery Leader and I was less than satisfied with the way things turned out. I had these great plans of how it was going to work and the kids would respond fabulously to the changes (minor changes but changes nonetheless). Of course, my kid had to be the one to throw a major tantrum which helped me feel a little more chaotic. I was planning on taking the kids photos for a check-in thing but after the tantrum, I forgot about it. In the end, it wasn't bad and I did get the letters to the parents. Hopefully more, or should I say different, kids will be there next Sunday so all 30-something of the eligible Nursery-aged children will get the letter for their parents. I need to split the class for the lesson, so the same kids have the lesson together each week and I need to make a schedule for who is giving the lesson but someone else is giving the lesson, so that is a relief.
I thought about taking pictures of the piles of things that need to be put away but decided not to have proof of how tired I am. I clean but have just been moving the piles. I put things on the table to vacuum and put them back on the floor when it is time to eat. I have piles of mail in random places (but I know what is in what pile- pretty good huh). I just don't have the energy to do more than necessary right now. My insomnia has been horrible. I watch TV until I am almost asleep, then drag myself to bed where I lie for about an hour before I fall asleep. Then I wake up with the boys and try to nap (but that never happens, I just lie down until I can't stand it anymore). So my posting will be far and few from what you are used to and probably nothing exciting- since I am too tired to do anything fun. Unless you want me to post about laundry, dishes, or piles of mail. Oh and more trips to Disneyland, of course.
**If anyone has any suggestions for falling asleep without medication (I've tired that but then I can't function with the boys the next day or in the middle of the night), I am more than willing to try ANYTHING.
I am going to try to lay down while the boys are quiet and separate. Wish me luck.
10 comments:
I am tired just reading about all the stuff you have to do. Bless you for being willing to take on Nursery. I think I might question my faith if they called me to that. Of course watch me have to eat my words.
I'm glad you asked about sleeping. Suffering from insomnia myself, I've done a fair bit of research on the topic. In fact, rather than write an extensive comment, I'll post about it later today.
Also, it's so funny to me that you want different children to be in nursery this week.
Our ward has a separated nursery (jr & sr). I'm with the senior nursery (with Rebekah) and luckily we only have 11 kids. We also have 3 leaders, which I think is a bit much, but makes the calling really easy. I too can't sleep (months now) and it takes me at least 1 to 2 hours each night to fall asleep. I feel useless all day because I'm tired. Let me know if you find something that works for you.
I had this 'wonderful' comment typed out earlier and Micah came and slapped the keyboard, and erased it! Anyway... What's up with all you non-sleepers? My sister just started taking sleeping pills because she can't sleep. They only time I can't sleep is with major stress, like the night before we move, etc. Other than that, I hit the pillow and I'm OUT! Maybe you should ask Mandy what she's done to turn the nursery, down here, around...I sure didn't have the touch or the patience. Hope you get your piles resolved soon! I wish I could get to mine!!!! Micah likes to pile everything on the floor. At this rate I won't even have things unpacked from our suitcases before we move again in Feb. ;)
Congrats on Nursery Leader. You have a lot of kids. We have about 20 kids with about 3 or 4 more to come in this year. You totally need to spilt them for lesson. We rotate our nursery teachers. So, I make a schedule for rotation and lessons. I just love it when everyone shows up to help when they are suppose to. :)I don't know what Misty is talking about, but thanks. The not sleeping this is not good. Are you worried or stressed? That's when I can't sleep. I hope you find some sleep b/c so hard to function as a mom on little sleep.
1. For nursery look at www.sugardoodle.net it is faboulous.
2. Have you tried Meletonin? It is not so much a sleeping pill as a synthetic of the hormone that helps you fall asleep. I suffered from insomnia when I was depressed pal. I hope you aren't. I love you!
My advice to you is the advice that mom gives to me almost every day... Wake up earlier than 11 am and you will be able to go to bed sooner than 2 am.
@Katie- I wish I could sleep in until 11am! Do you remember I have a 2- & 3-year-old? By the way, the boys LOVE their shirts and asked for candy too many times to count. When are you coming to visit us? Friday? We have a crafty thing for RS and you could help me...
karin- how about reading Isiah in bed, with the lights dim? Always works for me!
Actually I find that I cannot have caffeine after about 5pm if I want to be able to sleep. Try cutting your self off of the IV diet coke drip a little earlier in the day- see if that helps.
Good luck!
I loved being the Nursery Leader! Beebe and I were just talking about our ideal callings (ask her about her new one!!!) and Nursery was mine. It's great!
Sorry about not sleeping. I can't relate. Wish I could help you.
Post a Comment