**I started this post several days ago but since the camera was in the car, I decided it needed the photo to have the full effect of last Friday's happenings.
Friday night was Fantastic Friday for Relief Society (a HUGE craft night for Enrichment Night) and it was scheduled for 5-10pm. At 6:45pm I checked my phone and saw that I had a few missed calls (really I am not that popular), the first one was from Bryan at 5:45 (just 45 minutes after I had left home). I called to see if he still needed something- I took the car with the car seats, I just took the boys out and left. He told me how BigA hit his head on the concrete on the patio, how he comforted him, he was fine and then he went out to on the patio to play again. A few minutes later he fell again and hit his head on the concrete in the same place! When I got home after 10pm, I went in the boys' room to check on them (of course, they were still awake). The bump on BigA's head was bigger than a golf ball! I felt so bad for him.
Needless to say, we had a rough night. We think he hit his head on the wall which, of course, woke him up screaming. He got in bed with us but then LittleA woke up later and saw brother was gone and started screaming. So BigA went back to his bed and LittleA took his place in our bed but when LittleA is in bed with us, he rolls all over me and kicks me and puts his head in Bryan's side- it is not a restful sleep.
We were still able to function enough to get up and ready to go to my parents' house to watch the game (Thank you Kevin for letting us run your TV from hundreds of miles away) and have BBQ turkey by Bryan, grilled chicken by Mike, potato pearls by Jill- it was great because I just helped set and clear the table- that was it!
We prepared our talks, with finishing up in the morning before church but arrived at church to learn that there was another speaker, so the 9 pages of outline Bryan had planned would need to be condensed. I, on the other hand, had planned perfectly but still am not the most confident speaker and it shows. I really wish Jill would have taken my offer to give my talk for me, maybe next time. But the Bishop came into Nursery and I hinted we were done for a while and he smiled and said, "with our ward being the biggest in the stake, you are looking at 3 years." That is probably the best news I had heard at church. But honestly, I can count on one hand how many times I have given a talk as an adult, so I am not that worried about giving another talk (it just doesn't happen for me and I love it that way).
**I also found this article interesting on why women worry more than men.
9 comments:
His poor little head....it makes mine hurt just thinking of it! Your talk was great....I wouldn't mind hearing another before three years I'll call the Bishop!!!
OUCH! I'm sure your talk was great! Everyone loves you so I bet you're the best speaker out there. I don't think I heard you speak down here. Crazy days we all have! Hope there will be no more head injuries for you guys!!! Sorry for jumping around and rambling on thoughts! I'm nuts today! ;)
The knot is a pretty good size. He probably wouldn't let you put ice on it which would have helped a bunch. Preston fell out of the stroller and hit his head on the tile of the store we were in. It sounds terrible--long story. Anyways, I thought he got a pretty huge bump, but that bets it. I hope his head is feeling better.
I don't know whether to feel more sorry for A and his head bump, or you and your nursery calling. OK, you and your nursery calling. The head bump will be healed in a week's time.
Hey, Big A's song plays when I open your blog! That's cool, and must be comforting to the poor injured little guy. That head bump looks AWFUL.
What was your talk about? I love speaking in church. What's my problem?
That is fun to have a song playing. That's cute you put his song on. ;)
I like A's song, but I cannot read your blog for the first 8-10 lines because there is a green box playing music there. What am I doing wrong? It is probably me. I do not like Safari. It also doesn't let me onto playhouse disney so we can't see Mickey House. Ahhh!
That bump looks awful! Hope he's doing well by now. Bet your talk was great. We're lucky to get to have variety in our meetings and learn from one another.
oh my word! Poor guy!
Post a Comment