Monday, August 25, 2008

Beach with Todd & Kim (Aug 7-11)

Todd (Bryan's brother) came from AZ to see about school (I think), decided to make the drive worth his while and visit us- oh and to surf. Kim (Bryan's sister) & Jon were celebrating their anniversary with a weekend at the beach (and their 6 kids). And we were lucky to be invited- I love living close by everything. We had dinner Friday with them (Bryan worked on Friday and I thought it would be too much if we went to the beach 2 days in a row),went to the beach on Saturday, had dinner at our place on Saturday and lunch after church. It is fun to be able to see family as often as we get to, I am going to miss it when we move (that is not an announcement, just a dream).

building a sand castleTRAIN!!!
(one good thing about going to the San Clemente Pier is the train that passes by and another is the packed-sand trail for the stroller)
chasing birds
Frisbee with the older cousins.


She got covered in sand and stayed like that for awhile (it seemed forever to me because I could
not handle being trapped like that)
She had a great time. It was so fun to watch her "schwim" and play in the sand.
Not a great photo of Bryan and Jon but this is where they spent a lot time.
Again, not a great photo but I needed to document Todd visited us and that there is hope of looking good in a suit after having kids (thanks Kim).

8 comments:

Abby said...

Stop talking like you won't miss it here...if you ever leave... you know you are meant to be here....if you keep planning your escape than I may have to start taking applications for a new friend.

Anonymous said...

The picture of the girl in the pink hat is great. Definitely one for the wall.

Aleese and Scott said...

Oh the beach! Looks like so much fun! I love all of the pictures!!

Kelly said...

What beach did you guys go to? It looks fun and I love that frisbee, so cool!

Looks like you can never move or Abby will never be your friend again. I think she is serious too!

Ann said...

Love those older Brown cousins. I bet your boys were tired by the end of the day!

PS-Did I already comment on your new look? I love the green.

The Graffs said...

Cute pictures. That was a fun weekend. Thanks again for having us!!!! Hopefully we will see you soon...

mistyp said...

Such a cute pictures! I love the one of the trapped girl! :) See, how can you say you'd rather live in TX??? Look at what you have there!!!!!! Family...the beach...Disneyland...! You're one lucky woman!!!! :)

Becky and Ryan said...

Seriously, you are one happin'n Lady. You are making me miss the beach :(