Another thing about Big A, lately he has been calling his brother "Boy." For example, "here take this Boy" and "come on Boy." He only calls him "Boy" when he is actually talking to Little A, not when he is talking about him. It just makes me smile when he is talking to him.
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Alphabet Genius
*Warning: Proud Mother blogging about the brilliance of her child.
Big A can recognize his ABC's but I wanted to start having him write them. So on one of our trips to Wal-Mart, I saw this notebook that is dry erase. After we got home (and naps), I had him get the book out and get to work. At first he was a little apprehensive about it, "Mom, you help me." I helped him with the A, his favorite letter and the B, "the B says buh" (he says that every time you ask him what is this letter). Then I told him to try them on his own. Next thing I know, he has written the H perfectly. He won't "work" on it for more than a few minutes before he starts drawing on his limbs. I am so proud of him.
Another thing about Big A, lately he has been calling his brother "Boy." For example, "here take this Boy" and "come on Boy." He only calls him "Boy" when he is actually talking to Little A, not when he is talking about him. It just makes me smile when he is talking to him.
Another thing about Big A, lately he has been calling his brother "Boy." For example, "here take this Boy" and "come on Boy." He only calls him "Boy" when he is actually talking to Little A, not when he is talking about him. It just makes me smile when he is talking to him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Isn't fun to see them learn.
He IS a genius! And a cute one!
That H is amazing. You should tell H Nielsen about it.
I start drawing on my limbs after a few minutes, too. j/k
Good job Big A! I saw that book at Walmart a few months ago and thought about buying it.
It's fun to see what letters the kids like. He does do an excellent job! (Of course they like the first letter of their name.) Briel writes B, C, M, and D all over everything now!!! :) Oh, and Craig calls Micah "the boy". I always hear, "Do you want me to take THE BOY, etc." We're excited to see you! It's coming up fast! Are you sure you won't be too stressed to meet up during all your packing time???
Hey!!!! Is he standing in front of a kitchen set for kids?????
Misty- that is a child's kitchen. I took pictures MONTHS ago but never posted about it. Big A got several Target gift cards for his birthday and Bryan really couldn't disagree anymore. I won't be too stressed and Big A keeps asking me when we are going to the beach, what a perfect reason to go.
I told Hyrum this morning that the H was for him because big A loves him so much. :)
He is so smart. He takes after his Aunt Beebe.
Very smart boy! I love it when people brag about their kids! (I am very guilty of this) But it's so fun to hear about their accomplishments.
You have been an excellent poster as of late. I do appreciate it.
YOU know why he wrote the H. He is trying to say; I want to go see H. He IS a GENIUS !! Now his mom just needs to catch on.
I tried to find something like that at walmart and had not luck. Where about did you find it. Most stores are the same! I need something for Ethan to work on in SA.
Ok..I've been trying to spend about an hour every other day with Jacob, getting him to learn something...ANYTHING! Man, it is hard to keep him on task. He is not so good at writing his letters. For example, on lowercase A's, he just likes to draw a circle around and around again as fast as he can. Praise Adam....he is doing SUPER!
Post a Comment