Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Where Have All The Bloggers Gone?

I am grateful to Misty, Heather and Deena (just lately though) to posting regularly. It really helps a girl feel connected to people when they post or leave comments. I know for about a week I was slacking in the posting department and it took me a little longer than normal to comment, but hey I was on vacation- alone. I really would appreciate a little more posting from the 25 people on my blog list- just a little more- not every day but that would be nice. Maybe start a sign up of when ya'll will blog; Em: on the weekends cause then you don't have to wake up early for work, Ann: whenever you get the Internet back pick a couple days for you, Warners: maybe 2 days, one for Dave & one for Janel, MaLaan: come on and don't use moving or long vacations as an excuse, I could name everybody on the list but then what would be the purpose of the list (and I can give the named people a hard time and they will still love me).

Okay, I am mostly joking but I am trying to do my part and if our blogging relationships can last it needs to go both ways. And it is apparent I don't call people because my free time is when EVERYBODY else is ASLEEP. Just ask Beebe who called this morning only to hear Big A throw a fit about 2 minutes after we started talking and as soon as I was off the phone, it was over (I don't even know what he wanted). As I type this, Big A is teasing Little A which is resulting in Little A following Big A around crying. I realize this makes my kids sound horrible and they really aren't but when I want to do something for myself (or by myself), it causes problems and they emotionally cannot handle it (or so it seems). I heard from the Nursery people Big A was fine until I got called to be in there, so I think in part it is a show for me. I also think since their Dad is almost home, it is time for me to have a time-out.

6 comments:

mistyp said...

Ya, I've noticed a drop off in the comment area, too. Guess it's vacation time so everyone is vacationing from blogging. Hate to say it, but I'll be missing some time here in the near future, too. Glad you're back. I can always count on you! :) We'd love to see you when we come to Disneyland...you don't need to worry about dinner though. The place we're staying has a kitchen. I still want to see you if you have time....

Moore Fun Stories said...

I guess my life is just not exciting right now. I don't want to post about boring stuff. I am not saying my life is boring right now, I just don't have anything to share. I'll work on being creative.:) I do love reading your posts even though I don't comment on them.

Unknown said...

Hello! I totally post, at least weekly, and I comment on every single thing you write. Chastise Beebe! She's the one that once a month she'll post a mountain. and that's it.

J & M Shumate Family said...

Hey Karin--
My life has been absolutely NUTS lately! With moving, cars breaking, grandmas dying, Lake Powell playing, washing machines leaking, dentist visits (Jacob keeps breaking his crown), husbands traveling and over 200 boxes to unpack...I am going crazy! I just got internet yesterday...so plan on seeing me up and blogging again.
HUGS!!! MALAAN

Ann said...

We've been promised internet by Thursday...

Unknown said...

I can comment on the children freaking out when you are on the phone. Misty and Megan were mild children as long as I didn't interact with any adult by phone, at the store or anywhere else. They didn't want my full attention UNLESS an adult was around. The worst for me though was not being able to spend 5 minutes alone in the bathroom. There use to be a kids book called "Five Minutes Peace" about an elephant mother and her children that described my life. I think most mother's lose their personal identity for a space of years while the kids are young and some days are TOUGH. Speaking as a grandma, "try to cherish it all", because in a blink of an eye you'll be a grandma (and then you'd give anything to relive just one of those crazy days, again)!