Monday, July 09, 2007
Busy?
It has been a week and a half since I last posted- I realize it is not that long to most of you but for me it seems like forever. After we went to Zion's I had 3 days until I was gone again, one of those days was Sunday and the another Saturday- which we spent at Mom & Dad's because Beebe & Tyler were there , so we had Sunday Game Night on Saturday. Monday I flew to Texas but was dropped off at the airport only to learn my flight had been delayed an hour, then after sitting for an hour, I learned it had been delayed another hour. I made the most of my time at the airport by calling people and Sudoku, I saved my book for the plane ride. Having my flight delayed that much had me getting into DFW around midnight, which made for a "late" night (we spent the night at the Bennett's the girls were already asleep). Wednesday, I headed to Waco to get stuff out of storage, go to Rudy's (I brought home 5 bottles of BBQ Sauce) and to see Deena. Friday, I flew home. It was a quick trip but I had fun playing with the girls, looking at model homes (Jarrod & Susannah are trying to convince me to move back to Texas, I am not the one that needs convincing though), holding the new baby , and talking with Susannah. We spent the night Friday and Saturday day at Mom & Dad's, with a trip to look at model homes with Beebe and a trip to Wal-Mart with Jill & Beebe. I realized (yet again) how much I hate Wal-Mart in the IE on a Saturday night. But I did get to play Ticket to Ride and almost won (dang Mom) and rocked out to Guitar Hero. At church I was invited to a special playgroup for moms with younger children (Big A was the oldest kid there). I actually met some other moms in the ward and they were nice to me. Maybe I will make some friends here. After playgroup, we picked up Bryan and went to Sam's- I hadn't gone shopping since before our trip to Zion's. I am planning on going to Ann's for a baptism in a couple of weeks and then spend a few days at Mom & Dad's and then to Utah for birthday parties and Bear Lake. Hopefully I will take some pictures with my camera soon. I took pictures with my phone but don't know how to download those to the blog yet (anybody know how?).
The newest Brown grandchild, he was looking very thoughtful then I got the camera out and of course he started moving around. He started rolling over when he was 12 days old and I have video clips of his sisters re-enacting his rolling. He already likes candy and I am still working on being the favorite aunt of the girls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
YOU are seriously on the go this summer! Our "on the go" time is about to start in two weeks (from today). Hope we don't have problems flying out...it's still raining down here. We heard Utah is on fire. We'll be going from one extreme to the other. :) Sounds like you have enjoyed all these things you've been up to. I'm sure you are the favorite Aunt...they just don't realize it, yet. :) Because like I said, you seem to be the most liked person I know!!!! ;)
Wow, you are busy! If you are like me though any excuse to take a trip is worth it. I love to travel!
I think we decided on the weekend of the 18th- clear your calendar!!
I missed your blogging dreadfully. It's been a slow, sad week & 1/2 on the World Wide Web. Welcome back. Why do you feed candy to someone with no teeth?
Emily: His doctor gave him a Dum-Dum sucker to suck on during his circumcision and it seems to calm him down. I had never heard of that before but I guess since I only have experienced 2 circumcisions I am not an expert.
I don't mind if you've been a belated blogger because I have been too.
You guys do need to move back to Texas, but make it Houston. I need a friend who has a sense of humor and is fun to be around. The people in my ward here are so boring and I don't have much in common with them.
My dr gave Evan sugar water during his circ, the first of the 3 to get a little treat during the procedure. He did seem to handle it all better.
Looking forward to having you up here with your cute little guys!
Sounds like you guys had a busy week. Did you move again? Where are you now? Summer is such a fun time, but sometimes it is nice to get back to a normal routine. Have fun on your travels to Utah
Con also had a sugar-water-syrup-thing and came back to me all smiles. In fact, he didn't even cry, and I know because I was in the next room over, listening intently and that child has had a set of lungs since Day 1. However, taking off the dressing was a not nice experience and I couldn't bear it and Tyler had to do it.
Post a Comment