Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Silliness and Bird Chasing

Little A and Big A had a pretty good time after picking up toys and tidying-up so we could vacuum. The hat Little A is wearing was Big A's from last year and he has it just sitting on the top of his head- not on all the way. Yes, besides the hat, he only has on a diaper and Big A is wearing pajamas. They were running around on the freshly vacuumed floor and I forced them to sit down for a photo. Shortly after this was taken, they were dressed, ate lunch and went down for a nap. During nap time, I was able to fold 4 loads of laundry AND put them away. When Bryan got home from work, we went to the park up the street. I should try to take them there by myself more but I must admit I am a wuss and Little A is a wanderer. The boys chased birds so far that I got a little worried about how far away they were getting but they came back after we shouted a little. I think I could be a single mom but then I would be really lonely, maybe that is another reason why I like going to the park with another adult- I would get really bored if I didn't have someone to talk to. I don't think it would be smart to take a book because Little A is a wanderer and follows Big A in the chasing of birds, plus when I read I tune the world out. I am now waiting for Bryan so we can watch TV together, aren't we romantic?

2 comments:

mistyp said...

I'd say you're romantic! :) Isn't getting to spend ANY time together (at this phase of life) considered romantic??? :) I loved to chase birds when I was little. I wish Craig had time to go to the parks with us! Someday....someday!

Unknown said...

It's interesting to me that escaping boredom is your motivation for not being a single parent. What about finances? What about being madly in love with your husband? What about having a good male role model for your boys? I got a million more.

I vote for going to the park w/o Bry sometimes. Your boys love it so much, and you can just sit for awhile, even if you can't read there.